Here is the exciting bit!
With a click below you can start reading this book now. Just choose your format and click it to download it – free. You might need to right click on the link and select “Save link as” or similar in order to save it to your computer. Check your computer software or ebook reader user guide for details on which format is the most suitable and how to get the book onto your reader. The size of the file is in brackets. The larger the number the longer it will take to download.
If you are looking for eBook reader or library software I can recommend fbreader or Calibre. If there is a format missing here and you are able to convert the book to that format, let me know and I’d be glad to add it to this list.
Pass it on – give it away
While you are here why not download a copy for a friend? You are not only allowed to download these files but copy them and give them away. In fact I want you to share it. Sharing and stories are what Crimperbooks is all about. If you have a preferred format you don’t see here – and you are able – feel free to convert it and send me the file and I’ll list it here for others. If you want to know why this (and the other books here) is available as a free ebook, have a look at the sharing page.
Download your free ebook here
Okay, enough of the chatter – you probably came here for a free ebook. So without further ado … here’s the list of formats. Just pick the one you prefer and download it. Most people on a normal desktop or laptop computer will probably want a PDF, mobile devices will most likely want ePub and you can always read on right here on the website using the Online version.
- Online (HTML) version
- Formatted text and images. Can be read in your browser online right now.
- Formatted text. Includes images and covers. Requires PDF reader software (such as Adobe Reader or Okular). Download (1.5Mb)
- Formatted text. Requires compatible ePub reader software/Ebook reader device. Download (143Kb)
- Formatted text. Requires compatible fb2 reader software (such as fbreader). Download (560Kb)
- Formatted text. Suitable for word processing software (such as libreoffice ) a plugin may be required for some wordprocessors (such as MS Word) Download (67 Kb)
- This is available from the Kindle store. Please note that in order to allow you to add the book to your Kindle in the same way you do any other Kindle book (Whispernet) I am obliged to charge you.
- Plain text
- Unformatted text. No images. Can be read in the widest range of software. Download (116kb)
Bookmarks to download and make
As well as the book itself you can also download, colour and print your own Sugar the Robot bookmarks. Simply download the file that suits your printer paper. the instructions are in the file. For those interested you can also download the source file for the bookmarks.
Note that making the bookmarks involves some cutting. Make sure you get adult supervision if you need it before grabbing the scissors.
Other Roboteers books
Do not feed the Troll is the second book in the Roboteers series. Whilst not a direct sequel to the first, there is crossover and the main characters of the first book do have a key part to play in this one. So if you want to read how the Roboteers started or just want more from Sugar the Robot, Tim and Priya, check out the first book.
Don’t miss this exciting, funny, free ebook adventure for children aged 6 to 10!
Sugar the Robot and the race to save the Earth – Tim is ten years old and mad about robots. He dreams of one day building his own one. When he tries to fix the robot his Grandad gave him he gets more than he bargained for! What starts as a hobby ends in a race to stop an alien invasion, save humanity and rescue his Mum’s favourite knickers.